The College of Communication Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Student Affairs Office is composed of student-centered professionals who strive to listen, challenge, suggest, empower and refer members of the MSU Community and its extended partners to foster a diverse education and successful experience at Michigan State University.
Express Advising - Room 189
Express Advising is a sign-up/walk-in service offered every Wednesday from 8-11am and 1-4pm during Fall and Spring semesters. Sessions are 15 minutes or less and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Sign up in Room 189 Communication Arts and Sciences.
For complete assistance on issues from checking graduation requirements or studying abroad, schedule a 30-minute appointment with an advisor.
Appointments are put online each Wednesday morning by 8:30 a.m. for the following week only. To get a better selection, check at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesdays. You are welcome to check on the system throughout the week for cancellations. If the system does not show any available appointments, the advisor is booked for the week.
Online sign-up requires an MSUNet ID. If you are a prospective student or do not have a MSUNet ID password, please call the Undergraduate Student Affairs Office at 517.355.1794.
When to see the Director of Undergraduate Student Affairs
- You need a Dean's Drop to drop a course, are a major in the College of Comm Arts & Sciences and have completed 56 or more credits. (This is necessary if you wish to drop a course after the middle of the semester.)
- You wish to withdraw from the University, are a major in the College of Comm Arts & Sciences and have completed 56 or more credits. (This means you want to drop everything you are enrolled for.)
- You are an MSU Athlete with a major in this college and need eligibility paperwork.
- You are appealing an Academic Action such as a recess or dismissal, are a major in the College of Comm Arts & Sciences and have completed 56 or more credits.
- You have a problem or concern that you were unable to get resolved with your regular advisor.
To make an appointment with Ann Hoffman, Director of Undergraduate Student Affairs & Advising, either call Joyce Crandell at 517.355.1794 or visit 189 CAS toschedule a time to meet.
More Resources for CAS Students
Discover the tools provided by the campus Career Services Network to help you identify your career options and find jobs and internships.
Minority and cultural advising is available to all students.
Informal and Confidential, the Ombudsman can offer you advice on how to handle issues or difficulties you may be having with any part of the University.